Transfer of Property Act is specially designed for students pursuing the three-year or five-year LL.B. course and adheres to the syllabus of all major universities and law education institutes. This revised edition is a part of the Quick Reference Guide: Q&A Series designed as a study aid for law students with a clear objective of assisting them in their examination preparation. It deals with the most important topics in a comprehensive yet summarized manner.
This book covers important topics relating to property law such as, valid attestation, immovable property, transfer of property, oral transfers, properties which cannot be transferred, transfers for the benefit of unborn person, rule against perpetuity, conditional transfers. It also deals with concepts like transfer by unauthorized person, transfers by ostensible owner, improvements made by bonafide holder under defective title, priority of rights, doctrine of lis pendens, fraudulent transfers, doctrine of part-performance. The other important topics like contract for sale, rights and liabilities of buyer and seller, kinds of mortgages, rights of mortgagor, difference between charge and mortgage, conditions for lease, various kinds of gift, actionable claim have also been elaborately dealt with in the text. Lastly, it covers, the nature of easement rights, ways of acquisition of easement rights, rights similar to easements, nature of licence, difference between easement and licence, extinction of easements rights under the Indian Easements Act, 1882.
- Contains around 40 questions and answers focusing on quick conceptual clarity, covering over 60 relevant topics and around 60 important cases.
- Answers are supplemented with numerous judgments, case laws with citations.
- Helps students to prepare for their exams and enhances their answer-writing skills by providing comprehensive and to-the-point answers.
- Presents different topics in the question and answer format, thereby providing a useful and an effective tool for aiding last minute rapid revision.
- Provides frequently-asked questions based on previous year question papers from all major universities both as to essay type questions, short questions, along with important cases.